Thursday, April 21, 2011

NYC

I am heading out east tomorrow to visit Jake for Easter weekend.  This will be our last weekend in the city while he is still a West Point Cadet.  Since we may not spend a lot of time in NYC in the future, we are going to hit up some of our favorite places where we have made some very fond memories.  The first is The Heartland Brewery (funny because we will be in the big city, yet hanging out in the most midwestern looking place we can find), and Havana Central which has amazing Cuban food and my favorite, mojitos!  We are also thinking about seeing a show, going to central park, going to the Easter parade, or maybe even hitting up the Manhattan Flea market.  We'll just have to see what time and our wallets allot.

I have never been a big fan of the NYC.  This could be because I picture Jake traveling through it every time he leaves MN and has to return out east :( , but really I think its just the hustle and bustle.  I like things a bit more peaceful and serene.

So you'd think NYC would be the last place we'd end up for our honeymoon, right? Well...wrong. Sort of.
We are going to be flying to New York the morning after our wedding, but we will only be there for a bit until our cruise leaves!  I suppose I can put up with the city one more time if it lands me on a cruise ship with my handsome husband, plenty of pools, and tasty treats. ;)

I hope you all have a lovely weekend! I know I will! I have been missing Jake and can't wait to see him and give him a big hug!
I will leave you with these pictures from the first time I visited Jake at West Point two and a half years ago:




1 comment:

Eden Marie said...

hope you're having fun!
miss you! :)