Monday, April 4, 2011

Bridal Shower

I love the term bridal shower.  I am a bride who was definitely showered with gifts, love, hugs, and laughter at my bridal shower this weekend (thrown by a family friend, Jan, and my sweet Aunt Dee).  
It was great to have my close family there, and also a few family friends I had not seen in quite in a while.  I was surprised and overjoyed at the great turn out.

Me wearing my kitchen/American themed "corsage"
Delicious marble Byerly's cake brought by my Aunt Dee.
I am surrounded by such creative people.  I was given hand-embroidered towels from my Grandma-to-be, homemade cards by many, and my artistic sister decorated my bridal chair (a kitchen chair that was owned by my late Grandma and Grandpa Alcott).

The unique bridal chair decorated by my sister, Diane. 
Dessert table.
 Everything was themed to match my wedding colors, blue and green.  Everyone went above and beyond to make this a very special and memorable day.  It was fantastic to be surrounded by so many people that love me and like to share their lives with me.  
I feel blessed. 

1 comment:

Eden Marie said...

Yay! I love you!!! :D