Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dog Pile

My dad is getting a much deserved, much anticipated puppy!  He has always had a HUGE heart for animals, and the Alcott residence has been without moving fur-balls for some time now.  It is about time to feel that love of a dog when you walk through the door, or to have a companion to walk by your side on a nice spring day like today. There is nothing that can replace the feeling of a caring animal that lays it's head on your lap when you cry, or who leaps up and down when you pick up the leash, or say the simple word "outside!"  Yes, having a puppy will be a ton of work, and it will be sad when it cries for it's mama and siblings the first few nights in our house, but soon it will be like family.  It wont be a burden or a stressor, but just another great part of the Alcott household.  It will be a dog that I will miss while I'm traveling with my new husband, but with the right persuasion I should be able to get my dad to send me tons of pictures and videos as the puppy grows up.  It is good to know there will be a sweet four-legged girl to take care of my dad when his little girl heads down to the southern border to start a life with the handsome 2LT Howell. God only knows what my dad would do without a little girl to take care of! ;)

Here are some photos of our first time visiting the puppies.  The mama dog had 9 puppies; 4 girls and 5 boys.  My dad will be getting a girl, but we don't know which one yet.  He wants to wait and choose after he can detect more of their personalities. (I'm sure he'll choose the wild one, so she can adequately fill my shoes) ;)




No comments: