Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wallflower

The craft store was having a huge sidewalk sale, and I found a wooden/tin flower for only 22 cents!  I purchased it thinking it would be the perfect thing to practice distressing paint on.  It worked, but I need to do some research or take a lesson on how to make my chipping and sanding look a little more natural.  I'm glad I decided to practice on something little before tackling the bookshelf and bench that are in desperate need of makeovers. 
My favorite part of my completed project is the buttons. When I was a little girl I would organize, count, line up, and stack my moms collection of buttons.  Now, vintage buttons calm my soul.  There is something so peaceful about sorting through a pile of buttons.
 I hung my craft with the rest of my "wall flowers"  hoping it might make me like this wall.  It didn't work.  I still don't care for this wall.  Any interior designers out there who would like to be my friend? ;)

2 comments:

Eden Marie said...

Your blog looks so cute! However, it's showing up as "#header-inner {...." on my Blog Roll on the Dashboard page. Idk how you'd fix that.

Alissa Marie said...

Thanks so much for letting me know! I'm going to try and fix that now! :)