Sunday, August 5, 2012

Cactus vs. Baby Toe

Today we set out to a hike a trail near the foot of Pikes Peak, but to our disappointment it was closed due to the damage caused during the wildfires.
Then we tried to hike Rainbow Falls in Manitou Springs, but that too was closed.
We knew Red Rock Canyon, one of our favorites spots, would be open so we went there, smeared on our SPF 50, and began our adventure.


The weather was a perfect 80 degrees allowing us to chat about important issues like why Jake doesn't like coconut and take in the beautiful views surrounding us. 
That is just what I was doing when I accidentally kicked a cactus.
The needles went through the mesh of my running shoes and stuck right into my baby toe.  
I fell on the ground and whined like a baby as I pulled the needles back OUT. "Ouchie ouchie ouchie!"
My toe swelled and burned as if I had been stung by a wasp. 
The rest of our walk was downhill pushing my aggravated toe into the front of my shoe and forcing me to complain (loudly and pathetically).
My husband may just be the most patient man in the world for putting up with me during this episode of "Cactus vs. Baby Toe."

No comments: