Saturday, August 11, 2012

Indian Cooking Class

Yesterday I took my first cooking class with some girlfriends.  We had a such a wonderful time, but I think there was a little more laughing than learning.  To me, that means it was a great success.
 When we got there our instructor, Deepika, taught us about spices.
 Deepika is not only a cook, but a women of many talents.  She is a pilot, an artist, an inspirational speaker, a mother, a bollywood dancer, a military spouse, a writer, and she also knows a heck of a lot about alternative medicine.  She was telling us all about keeping the diarrhea away!  Needless to say, her type A personality kept us laughing and on our toes throughout the night.
Here is my friend Natalie hoping she is shredding the carrots properly.  No one wants to be fired by Deepika. 
Ready to marinade the chicken!
They were great sports about getting messy!  I love Jaclyn's face here!  What a funny girl!
We took some photos while the food cooked...
and drank freshly brewed chai tea!
Then we ate! (Pictured: Tandoori Chicken and Indian Fried Rice)

This was a night to remember with some hilarious memories made.  The fellowship I shared with these beautiful ladies was just what I needed.  It rejuvenated my heart!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

you look beautiful lissa! can't WAIT to see your sweet face this coming week.

Eden Marie said...

Mmm! Looks so yummy, and looks like you had a great time! :)