Monday, March 29, 2010

Feeling like a Freshman

This weekend I had a great time enjoying some free events the U of M has to offer. As a transfer student, I never went to many campus sponsored events that most dorm-dwellers make it to, but I changed all that this weekend.

One of my friends that I met through some classes was performing at the outdoor talent show on Friday, so me and a few friends went to show our support. We enjoyed the show, despite the chilly breeze!

On Saturday night, I saw The Blind Side in our student union with my best friend and it was great! If you have not seen it yet, I highly recommend it. It made me laugh and cry and was overall a very inspirational story.

After the movie, my best friend and I went to an event called, "The Last Gopher Standing." 30 comedians performed (for 3 minutes each) and the audience voted. Some comedians were great, and others... received a few pity laughs from me ;-)

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Alissa! I love the new layout. You need to teach me how so I can make ours special too. :)
Waiting til that movie comes out on Redbox because the theaters are $$$ up here, but happy to see a favorable review from someone whose movie taste I trust!