Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Creativity

Lately I have been on a creative streak. I've made cards, baked "crackle top brownie cookies," worked on my knitting, and when I don't have an outlet for my creativity, I doodle (on notebooks, napkins, post-its... whatever is near). I know a lot of the Alcott women know just what my mean...

My sister creates great masterpieces while sculpting play-dough with my nephews and makes beautiful drawings with crayola color crayons :)

My mother is well known for here elaborate doodles on napkins, recipe cards, and grocery lists made while chatting away on the phone.

College life makes some of my favorite things like painting, pastels, scrap-booking, and card-making difficult due to lack of funds and space. I look forward to and sometimes crave time spent in my mom's craft room. Crafting rejuvenates me and gives me something to be proud of. I am determined to have a craft room when I have a house of my own someday (otherwise my future husband must be willing to have a bedroom full of paper, paints, scissors, yarn, canvas, pencils, markers and crayons). :)

Another one of the West Point girlfriends is very creative and made these pendants by gluing Cadet's buttons that they use on their jackets onto blank pendants. I ordered 2. One for me and one for Jake's mom :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

So cute Alissa! Jake's mom will be thrilled! I know what you mean about needing a craft space, I have two totes taking all the floor space in our bedroom closet full of stationary, random cards given and bought, address labels, and tons and tons of card making supplies. Now I'm starting to collect cranyons and play-doh for T....where am I going to keep all the stuff he's sure to generate?! Maybe my craft room could also be part library, for me that's an even bigger need...

Aimee said...

My special place when I get the space will be a library. It will have soft leather furniture and beautiful lamps and and rows & rows of books (a ladder to scale the shelves would be extra fun, no?).
There also may be a wooden cabinet filled with beautiful glassware, top shelf liquor and cigars for B. :)