Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother dear

My mom is an amazing woman.  I feel SO blessed that God chose her to be one of my parents.  Let me tell you a little bit about her.



Ten Terrific Traits of My Mother
1. She is a woman of faith.  She loves the Lord with all her heart and I am so blessed that she taught and showed me his love while raising me. She continues to remind me of His goodness and faithfulness daily.

2. She gives the best hugs.  Sometimes they stop tears with their comfort and sometimes they bring out sobs of sorrow yet relief as her arms show you it is safe to cry. Sometimes they are just a loving reminder that she is there.

3. She is creative.  Grade school wouldn't have been near as fun without her assistance on innumerable class projects.  They made me teacher's pet, and made the other kids swoon over my project's detail and originality. (I'd post pictures, but all the teachers wanted to keep them to use as examples for upcoming classes) ;)

4. She has a heart of gold.  My moms heart is filled with love, mostly for God and her family, but also for people who need a helping hand.  She is a great volunteer, her one fault being that she can't say "no."  This is a trait I did not inherit.  I am fairly good at using the word "no," much like my father. :)

5. My mom values health.  She cooks wonderfully hearty and filling meals, but tries to keep them lower on fat, and higher on veggies and fruit.  I appreciate that she strives to keep her and my dad fit by going for walks (also so good for the spirit!), as we will need them here for many many many more years.

6. My mother has a heart for children.  She loves them.  It is wonderful to see her face light up when they laugh at her funny dancing, or when they sit on her lap for a good snuggling.  It's crazy to me that she once thought she didn't want to have children.  God had much different, and better plans if you ask me!

7.  My mom is generous.  She does not get very attached to things, so she is quick to give things away.  Only compliment things of hers that you truly like, because they may just become yours!

8.  My mom is a good talker! (Yes, I do mean this as a compliment!) I treasure many of the days spent with my mom because of the conversations that we have had.  The way she shares her advice, personal experiences, and asks questions lets you know that you are loved and cared about.

9.  She is a wonderful nurse.  No, she does not have a nursing degree, but there is no one else who I would rather have take care of me when I'm sick.  (I apologize in advance Jake, as I  may plead for you to fly my mom to wherever we are living when I get the flu).  I turn into the biggest baby when I'm not feeling well, and the only thing that seems to help is my mom sitting by me rubbing my arm with flat sprite and saltines nearby.

10. Her love is never-ending.  She is a great example of the kind of love that God has for all of us. I know I have done and said many foolish things that have hurt her, but even if she was angry, I have never doubted her love.  It is a wonderful feeling to know that no matter what, (really, no matter what) my parents will love me for me.

Happy Mothers Day, Mom. I'll love you forever, and I'll like you for always. :) xoxo

1 comment:

Katie said...

What an awesome post, Ali! You two have a beautiful relationship. I feel honored to be welcomed into your mother/daughter circle.