Friday, February 24, 2012

ABOLC Graduation

Jake graduated from Armor Basic Officer Leaders Course yesterday! This is such a great accomplishment as he is now ready to take on his own platoon at Fort Carson in CO.

I must brag on my hubby a little and say that he not only graduated, but made the Commandant's list (I didn't know this til I saw it in the program, and was so proud of him!) I keep telling him it's okay to brag to ME! I'm his wife. This means he graduated in the top 20% of the class. 

Jake had a few classmates who also had wives! YAY for me! This was a great/easy way to make friends.  This is me with Emily (brown hair) and Lizzy (blonde hair).

After graduation we stepped outside because Jake SOOO badly wanted more picture taken of him ;)

Then we drove to check out, and Jake was done for the day! Woohoo!  We went to the dog park as usual, and then celebrated with Mexican food, margaritas, and Jake's favorite, brownies smothered in frosting. 

Now Jake works around post for the next couple weeks, then starts Army Reconnaissance Course (ARC) in the middle of March.  That lasts about a month, then off to Colorado we go!

No comments: