Thursday, August 4, 2011

Georgia


I can count on my fingers the number of days we have left in Minnesota before our big move to Georgia.

Excited.
Anxious.
Sad.
Nervous.
Thrilled.
Worried.
Blessed.

These words just begin to describe the flood of emotions I have about leaving the comfortable closeness of living near my family and friends to travel to the peach state with my wonderful husband of 2 months.

I am looking forward to our adventure with great anticipation, but that doesn't make saying goodbye easy.

I am going to miss my mom's hugs and home cookin'.  I will miss my dad's shoulder rubs and seeing him search the house for his lost glasses and hearing aids.  I will miss that rambunctious little Willow.
I will miss my siblings.
Miss my nephews.
Miss my friends.

Y'all better be saving up your money for gas and plane tickets. ;)

In mere days I will be living down in the Georgia mud after never leaving the beautiful lakes of Minnesota for more than 3 weeks.  

I may not look like a southern belle, but my home is where his boots are.

1 comment:

Eden Marie said...

i love you, ali. luke and i miss you both already so much, and i hate that our goodbye was so rushed today. totally my fault!

i wasn't joking about being kickassestest pen pals. i want your address as soon as you find your new home. :)

you guys are going to have the best time in georgia.

<3